"Sometimes while I'm talking to God, He'll show me something about myself in such a way that I have to laugh at my own humanity and how funny I must look to Him." - Donna

Donna...just found your blog...I absolutely love it! And I love your singing! I'm at work right now and it was just exactly what I needed to hear to help me make it through tonight! Thanks for your ministry here!
- Robert

Google Time

Custom Search
Protected by Copyscape Website Copyright Protection

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Magnetic Writing

*For something different, I'm including a few posts on writing. I have a lot of readers who write, too!


"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.” – Matthew 5:14-15 niv



Are you writing in such a way that people are drawn to Christ?

C- Christ. We love Him. He sacrificed His life for us. We’ve crowned Him Lord, and our writing will reflect our allegiance and service to the King.

L- Loving Him with all our heart, mind, souls, and strength means we love God more than we love writing. Love Him so much that should God call you to another type of ministry, and you never write another word, you would be willing to give it up to serve Him in the manner that pleases Him.

O- Obey God as He directs. At this time, God has directed me into the area of nonfiction. I like the idea of writing a novel, but if I tried to right now, I believe I’d be out of His will. Are you following the leading of the Holy Spirit?

S- Sacrifice your writing to God each day before you write the first word. Lay your desires, talent, and plans on the altar. Ask God to burn away any selfish ambition.

E- Exalt the Lord in ALL things – the words you write, the things you say, the acts you do. God forbid that we write holy words and lead unholy lives.

As Christian writers, let us be committed, bold, articulate, and above all else, concerned for the salvation of others. Let us draw close to Christ so that we will draw others to Him.

Matthew 5:16 – “Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds [writing, singing, speaking? - Donna] and recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.”

Prayer: I lay my writing at Your feet, Jesus. Use me as You will. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...