"Sometimes while I'm talking to God, He'll show me something about myself in such a way that I have to laugh at my own humanity and how funny I must look to Him." - Donna

Donna...just found your blog...I absolutely love it! And I love your singing! I'm at work right now and it was just exactly what I needed to hear to help me make it through tonight! Thanks for your ministry here!
- Robert

Google Time

Custom Search
Protected by Copyscape Website Copyright Protection

Monday, May 20, 2013

Devo: A Better Plan


Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
   but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. - Proverbs 19:21 niv

I got up bright and early on Monday ready to start my day and my Internet wouldn't work. Scree-e-e-ch! That will put a halt to your plans, won't it? I'm not on the web much on Sundays, so I look forward to catching up with everyone first thing Monday morning.

I decided a big cup of coffee was in order before I called the cable company, and while I poured that first cup, it was like the Holy Spirit whispered to me and said, "God doesn't need the Internet to talk with you for a while."

That's right! I know that, of course, but sometimes in my haste to 'get things done,' I forget. I had a nice time talking with the Lord. An even BETTER way to start my day. No, the BEST!

And obviously, I figured out what was wrong. Well, I guess I should say - I did the first thing any computer-savvy person does - unplugged everything and restarted it, and voila! I'm back online. Maybe God had plans for me this morning, too. I'm so blessed I didn't miss our appointment! 

Image: jscreationzs / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...