"Sometimes while I'm talking to God, He'll show me something about myself in such a way that I have to laugh at my own humanity and how funny I must look to Him." - Donna

Donna...just found your blog...I absolutely love it! And I love your singing! I'm at work right now and it was just exactly what I needed to hear to help me make it through tonight! Thanks for your ministry here!
- Robert

Google Time

Custom Search
Protected by Copyscape Website Copyright Protection

Sunday, January 08, 2023

Gratitude Moment: Unexpected Blessing

My husband and I usually go out to eat after church, but today he wanted to rush right home to watch a game. Since I don't know the first thing about football, I decided to go eat by myself. I drove around a bit before deciding on a place. 

I was almost through my meal when the thought crossed my mind. and I almost said aloud, Lord, wouldn't it be something if someone paid for my meal today? 

Immediately I backtracked. Lord, that was out of the blue. What am I thinking? I must have that backwards. So I looked around the restaurant for someone I could bless. Most of the time, I prefer to be the one who blesses someone else. 

About that time, the manager brought my bill. While I reached in my purse to get my credit card, someone tapped me on my shoulder. A woman I did not know said, "If you don't care, I'd like to buy your dinner." 

My eyes immediately filled with tears. We talked for a couple minutes, I thanked her again and said, "God bless you!" 

Sometimes I think, no - I know, my pride gets in the way of my blessings. The Lord intended to bless me on this day in that restaurant by that person. I'm thankful to Him, and appreciate the woman He spoke to who followed His leading. 

I also know that sometime soon, it will be my turn to bless someone else. 

"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” - Luke 6:38 NKJV  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...