"Sometimes while I'm talking to God, He'll show me something about myself in such a way that I have to laugh at my own humanity and how funny I must look to Him." - Donna

Donna...just found your blog...I absolutely love it! And I love your singing! I'm at work right now and it was just exactly what I needed to hear to help me make it through tonight! Thanks for your ministry here!
- Robert

Google Time

Custom Search
Protected by Copyscape Website Copyright Protection

Friday, September 10, 2004

Blogging for Jesus

I’d only heard about ‘blogs’ a few short weeks ago. Now I’m participating in two. I’m amazed at the number of people who blog. There is no editing and many times, no planning involved with the posts. It’s fun to get a glimpse into people’s lives.

I’ve used my personal blog to post devotionals. Because I’m using it in a more formal way, I suffer from ‘blog angst.’ Right before I hit the submit button, I think - Is anyone going to read this? Will anyone care to read what I wrote?

I’m constantly making notes, jotting ideas down, making observations. I ask for the Lord’s leading, write up the piece, and then almost chicken out. But God is faithful, and in this new endeavor, I have felt His leading.

One of my goals is to put together a book of devotionals, but I also have a slew of children’s poems I’d like to compile. Oh, and a couple of early chapter books, and I can’t forget the picture book, and …… See what I mean? I also need to be careful I don’t spend hours reading the blogs, too! It’s difficult to balance all my responsibilities. I feel like I got a late start on all this (and no, I’m not telling my age) and always playing ‘catch-up.

My intent is to take one day at a time. It’s easy to get caught up in planning far into the future. After all, if I had a book accepted for publication today, it would be many months, possibly years, before I would see it in print. Instead, I focus on today. I don’t want to presume upon tomorrow.

Jesus said, “He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:33-35 nlt)

I'm seeking the face of God, and want to please Him. I pray that as I write, I’ll glorify and exalt Him. That alone is enough to be looked on as an accomplishment for the Kingdom. What are you doing today that will glorify and show your love for the Lord? Let’s praise the Lord!

Prayer: Lord, I lift Your Name and give You glory. Thank You, for You alone are my provision. My desire is to draw others to You. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another excellent introspective, Donna. Even allowing readers a glimpse into the life of a writer. Adding personilization also gave a brief insight into your own life.

Donna J. Shepherd said...

Thanks for stopping by AND the compliment. :)

Rhodi Alers de López said...

I love the way you put it, Donna. I can relate to your anxiety about blogging for Jesus. I'm so glad that technology allows us to share more of Jesus. And you're doing a great job! One day at a time... As long as He is first in our lives, the rest-he takes care of!

Rhodi

Anonymous said...

Donna,

Your article, "Blogging for Jesus" is wonderful! Totally inspiring and uplifting..

Thank you so much for sharing,

Anonymous said...

Donna,

Your article, "Blogging for Jesus" is wonderful! Totally inspiring and uplifting..

Thank you so much for sharing,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...